Abundant natural resources make Hubbard County a great place to live, work and play. We work diligently to improve the quality of life providing a foundation for business, residents and visitors.
The mission of Hubbard County is to provide high quality, cost effective public services.
We will Lead with Integrity, Provide with Transparency and Serve with Excellence.
David De La Hunt
18602 Estate Drive
Park Rapids, MN 56470
Up for election in 2027
24496 Hazel Wood Dr.
Park Rapids, MN 56470
Up for election 2024
12621 Bethel Trl
Nevis, MN 56467
Up for election in 2026
27415 240th St.
Nevis, MN 56467
Up for election in 2024
2023 Vice Chair - Charlene Christenson
Hubbard County is fortunate to have interested citizens that are willing to commit their time and talents to serve on county committees! If you are interested in serving on a committee, please contact your commissioner representative or the Administrator's Office. The County will maintain a list of interested parties for consideration in the event there is an additional need or a vacancy to fill.
Purpose of the Board Meeting
- The applicant should provide a written or oral request to the Administrator’s Office at least 8 calendar days prior to the scheduled meeting. The request should include the name, address and telephone number of the person(s) making the request, a statement describing the action the applicant(s) requests the Board to take, and the background information outlining the reasons for the request. This information is emailed to the Board 6 calendar days before the meeting.
- Parties with matters that are department specific are encouraged to discuss them with the Department Manager of the respective department and their district commissioner prior to scheduling attendance of the Board meeting.
No action will be taken on any item not considered a part of the agenda on the same day it is presented unless action is considered necessary by a majority of the Board.
For more information or to make a request for an item to be placed on the County Board Meeting Agenda, call the Administrator’s office at 218 732-2336.
Public Hearings are held as separate items of business on the agenda. Public Hearings are the public’s opportunity to present information and express their opinions to the County Board on a specific county issue. Prior to a Public Hearing being held, a Notice of Hearing must be published in the county’s official newspaper, the Park Rapids Enterprise. Notice is also posted on the county website. Public attending the hearing who wish to speak on the subject are requested to register, providing their name for the official record.
1. Board Chair opens the Public Hearing.
2. County Staff presents information on Public Hearing subject.
3. Speakers from the public make presentations and/or comments.
4. Board Chair closes Public Hearing.
5. Commissioners discuss the Public Hearing subject.
6. Commissioners may take action or may refer the matter to a future date for further consideration. The date and time will either be announced or will be published in the county’s official newspaper.
Closed Sessions are meetings closed to the public. State law allows such meetings on a limited range of subjects, such as actual or threatened litigation, labor negotiation strategy, and negotiation or purchase of real property. Other permitted closed session subjects are personnel evaluation (at the request of the employee) and consideration of allegations or charges against an employee. A summary of the personnel evaluation must be made at the next Board meeting.
Modified Roberts Rules of Order are adopted as the official parliamentary authority governing rules of procedure for the Hubbard County Board of Commissioners meetings. In addition, these rules of order are designed to help define and maintain “decorum.” The Board of Commissioners desires public participation at its meetings, but also has the responsibility for conducting its business in an orderly fashion. The Chairman will provide the audience with an opportunity for public input and/or to amend the agenda at the beginning of each meeting. See rules for public input below.
Frequently Used Terms at Board Meetings:
Resolution: A resolution or formal statement of opinion may be passed expressing the policy of the County Board or directing certain types of administrative action.
Ordinance: This is a governmental authority law enacted or amended after adoption at a required Public Hearing presided over by the County Board. Notice of the Public Hearing is published in the official county newspaper at least 10 days before the Public Hearing. An ordinance is the most binding and permanent act of the Board and may be repealed or changed only by a subsequent ordinance or amendment to it.
Table Action: When the County Board has not decided to take a definite action or when additional information is needed, the Commissioners may vote to remove the agenda item from immediate consideration.
Work Session: Informal discussion with staff. No vote occurs.
Advisory Committees: The County has many advisory committees and encourages citizens to consider serving on one of them as an integral part of county government. For more information about the committee process and openings, please call the County Administrator's office at 218-732-2336, or contact your County Commissioner.