Contact us at 218-732-3331
The Sheriff’s Office of Hubbard County is part of the county’s system of justice. The Sheriff is charged with the duty to "keep and preserve the peace of his County, for which purpose he may call to his aid such persons or power of the County as is necessary."
The Sheriff’s Office' primary concern is the safety and well being of all persons and property in Hubbard County. It operates on a 24 hour per day, 365 days per year basis. This office provides many services, including the pursuit and apprehension of persons who have committed felonies, investigation of crimes and accidents, searching for missing persons, patrolling county roads and lakes, and providing traffic control. This office also serves warrants, commitment papers and court orders.
The Sheriff is the chief law enforcement authority in the county. This is an elected position. His office is located at the Law Enforcement Center, just to the north of the Courthouse which houses the Sheriff’s Office and the Hubbard County Jail..
Services and Responsibilities:
· Provide full range of law enforcement services for all unincorporated areas of Hubbard County.
· Provide Traffic Law Enforcement – respond to calls for service, investigate motor vehicle accidents, and provide traffic enforcement.
· Enforce boating regulations throughout the county and investigate drowning incidents in the county.
· Provide crime prevention and education services to the general public.
· Investigate all violent and mysterious deaths and assist the County Coroner in determining the cause of death.
· Provide investigative services and preparation for prosecution by the County Attorney for all crimes including the specialty areas of juvenile issues, illegal narcotics, substance trafficking, and welfare fraud.
· Service of Civil Process including Sheriff’s sales, special orders from the court, and all arrest warrants emanating from the court system.
· Work child abuse investigations jointly and separately with Hubbard County Social Services.
· Answer all emergency and non-emergency requests for police, fire and ambulance services in Hubbard County and dispatching all emergency response units in the county.
· Provide security in the courtrooms and adjacent areas.
· Provide transportation for committed patients and prisoners.
· Administration and operation of the county jail.
· Provide mutual aid for all other law enforcement agencies in the county and surrounding areas.
· Operate and maintain computer connection to the state and federal government’s computer system, furnishing to the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension statistics and information regarding the number of crimes reported and discovered, arrests made, and disposition of cases to the many State and Federal agencies requiring this information.
The Sheriff’s Office consists of three major branches:
Copyright © 2007 Hubbard County - All Rights Reserved