Notice Is Hereby Given, that Hubbard County is considering changes to, and the eventual termination of, its Cabin Lease Program. The specific changes being considered are:
- The Cabin Lease Program will end on December 31, 2029;
- Current Lessees will be offered a final ten (10) year lease term, beginning January 1, 2020;
- Any lease cancelled or terminated prior to December 31, 2029 will not be re-issued;
- There will be no transfers of leases beyond Lessees listed on the final lease agreement;
- Name Changes of Primary Lessees among existing Lessees will not constitute a “transfer”;
- Upon lease cancellation or termination, a Lessee will have nine (9) months to remove all personal property and restore the site to its natural condition;
- Any personal property remaining after nine months, or approved extension thereof, will become the property of Hubbard County and will be disposed of pursuant to Minn. Stat. §345.15, or Minn. Stat. §504B.271, with any expenses of removal and restoration billed to the Lessee;
- The County will include a reminder of these, and any other policy changes, with the annual rental payment notice;
- Lessees will be required to record the lease agreement with the Hubbard County Recorder’s Office;
- The annual rental payment beginning January 1, 2020, will increase from $300.00 to $500.00.
The Hubbard County Board of Commissioners is offering a comment period until July 29, 2019 for residents and interested persons to provide written comments concerning the proposed changes. Written comments may be sent to:
Hubbard County Natural Resource Management
101 Crocus Hill Street
Park Rapids, Minnesota, 56470
Written comments may also be emailed to Land Commissioner, Mark Lohmeier, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Hubbard County Board of Commissioners will make a determination concerning the proposed changes to the Cabin Lease Program at its August 6, 2019 Regular Board Meeting.