PRESS RELEASE/FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Under direction of Emergency Executive Order 20-20, issued by Governor Tim Walz, directing Minnesotans to “Stay at Home”, Hubbard County Solid Waste will be taking additional measures regarding our operations to try and reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, we realize that we provide a critical sector service to our community and will remain open during this time. It will be imperative that residents, contractors, and waste haulers follow the guidelines below in order to protect each other and solid waste employees while using the solid waste facilities.
During the next two weeks we encourage residents to limit trips to the transfer stations and if possible only bring bagged household garbage, organic food waste and recycling.
The North and South Transfer Stations will remain open with normal operating hours with the following exceptions:
- Household Hazardous Waste (Paint, etc.) Reuse areas will remain closed until further notice.
- Reuse Areas/Bunkers will remain closed until further notice.
- The main recycling center office and main solid waste office will be closed to the public during this time and unsolicited sales or vendors will be restricted.
All recycling drop shed sites will remain open, however all recycling sheds have transitioned to dumpsters or roll-off containers to collect comingled recycling. Please pay attention to the signage at each location and bring recycling in plastic bags.
Social distancing guidelines listed below must be followed when using the facilities:
- When using the transfer station social distancing of 6 feet should be maintained between residents, contractors, waste haulers, and solid waste attendants.
- Max of 2 vehicles per lane will be allowed in express lane at any one time.
- Max of 2 vehicles will be allowed in commercial tipping floor at any one time.
- Please bring all household garbage and recycling in tied garbage/waste bags.
- Extra outside lanes are in place to ensure social distancing.
Residents needing organics bags may pick them up in the express lane at the south transfer station. Contractor load slips are located in express lane outside of attendant booth.
To reduce employee and public risk, do not visit the recycling drop shed sites or transfer stations if you feel ill in any way.
To stay informed on this evolving situation (including closures, restrictions and openings), visit www.co.hubbard.mn.us/waste
, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (218) 732-9568.