Governor Tim Walz has declared a Peacetime Emergency in response to the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
The North and South Transfer Stations will remain open with normal hours with the following exceptions:
- Household Hazardous Waste (Paint, Chemicals, etc.) Reuse areas will be closed until further notice.
- Reuse Areas/Bunkers will be closed until further notice.
All recycling drop shed sites will remain open across the County, however please pay attention to signage at each site, as the collections may transition to dumpsters or roll-off containers to collect comingled recycling, instead of utilizing recycling sheds.
Hubbard County Solid Waste will be following recommendations to enact social distancing until further notice:
- Limited assistance will be available at the transfer station express lanes in order to maintain social distancing of 6 feet between public and attendants.
- Max of 2 vehicles per lane will be allowed in express lane at any one time.
- Max of 2 vehicles will be allowed in commercial tipping floor at any one time.
- Please bring all household garbage and recycling in tied garbage/waste bags.
To reduce employee and public risk, do not visit the recycling drop shed sites or transfer stations if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or other contagions.
Unsolicited sales or vendors will be restricted.
To stay informed on this evolving situation (including closures, restrictions and openings), visit www.co.hubbard.mn.us/waste, email: email@example.com or call (218) 732-9568.