Passport Services

passport_coverU.S. Passport Acceptance Facility
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Hubbard County Government Center
2nd Floor
301 Court Ave, Park Rapids, MN  56470
(218) 732-3452

**We are unable to take passport photos due to equipment issues. Please visit Walgreens or Walmart for passport photos.**

Passport News

  • Our passport camera is experiencing technical problems, so we are unable to take & print passport photos until its fixed. Please visit Walgreens or Walmart if you need a passport photo.
  • No appointment necessary! Walk-ins are welcome all day. A typical application takes about 30 minutes to execute. 
  • Updated Processing Times - 10/28/2021 Regular passport processing times are now estimated at 8-11 weeks and expedited service is estimated at 5-7 weeks (additional fee applies). Please plan ahead if you intend to travel.
  • In some cases, it's taking up to 6 weeks for passport applications to appear in the online status tracker due to postal service delays.  Check your passport application status here.
  • On 1/26/2021, the CDC announced new guidelines requiring negative COVID-19 tests for any travelers arriving from outside the U.S. Click here for more information.
Due to limits on how many customers may be in the Government Center at a time, please come prepared with:
      - A completed passport application
      - Proof of US citizenship*
      - Valid photo ID*
      - Check/cashier's check/money order for passport application fee payable to the US Dept of State
                                                           *lists of acceptable citizenship & ID documents can be found here

For more information, please contact the Hubbard County Passport Services office at 218-732-3452.

Processing Times
Routine: Up to 18 weeks 
Expedited: Up to 12 weeks (additional fee of $60.00 per application applies)
Note: Processing times are subject to change.  Check here for the most recent information.

Have an emergency and need a passport to travel abroad on short notice?  Contact a passport facility directly for more information.

Additional information is available on the U.S. Department of State website.


What is the difference between the passport book and passport card?

What do I need to apply for a passport?

What are the requirements for passport photos?

What should I/shouldn't I wear to have my passport photo taken?

Do I need to provide any additional documentation to get a passport book/card for my child?

What are the passport fees?

How do I check the status of my passport application or renewal?

How long are passports valid?

Can I renew my passport?

How do I report a lost or stolen passport?

How do I cancel the passport of a deceased relative?

I found someone else's passport. What should I do with it?